If your Govee Lights are not connecting to WiFi, it may be due to weak WiFi signals or being connected to the wrong frequency. First, make sure your lights are working on their native app and check if your Govee account is linked to your account.
If not, power cycle or reset the lights by pressing and holding the power button on the control box.
Additionally, check if you have a VPN running on your phone and disable it as it may interfere with the connection.
Finally, log out of your Govee account on the Govee Home App and re-link it to Alexa or Google Home if necessary.
Ensure that your Govee lights are properly connected to WiFi to enjoy their full functionality.
Reasons Why Govee Lights Fail To Connect To Wifi
- Weak Wifi signals
- Connection to the wrong frequency
- Power issue
Govee lighting might fail to connect to your Wifi for one of the following reasons:
- Weak Wifi signals: If your Wifi signals are weak or the router is located far away from the Govee lights, it can cause connectivity issues. Ensure that your lights are within the range of a strong Wifi signal.
- Connection to the wrong frequency: Govee lights are designed to connect to a specific Wifi frequency. If you are connected to the wrong frequency, the lights may not be able to establish a connection. Double-check the frequency settings and make sure you are connected to the correct one.
- Power issue: If there is a power issue, such as a power outage or a faulty power supply, the Govee lights may not connect to Wifi. Try power cycling or resetting the lights to resolve the issue.
If you are still experiencing connectivity problems, you can try troubleshooting steps such as turning off VPN, resetting the lights, or checking for any updates or compatibility issues with your devices.
How To Fix Govee Lights Not Connecting To Wifi
Check if Govee lights are working on its native app. Could you try checking if your Govee account is linked to your account?
Here’s how to check. First, you will need to power up the lights and then use the control box. Press in and hold the power button.
While you are doing this, you will also need to check if the wifi symbol on the device is red. If it is, then it means that the lights are not connected to wifi.
In such cases, you may need to power cycle or power reset the lights. This can help resolve any power-related issues with the lights.
Additionally, it’s important to turn off any VPN that may be running on your phone.
Sometimes, VPNs can interfere with the connection between the Govee lights and your wifi. By disabling the VPN, you can ensure a smoother connection process.
Troubleshooting Tips For Govee Lights Connectivity Issues
If you are experiencing connectivity issues with your Govee Lights, here are a few troubleshooting tips to help you resolve the problem:
- Resetting Govee lights: Start by powering up the lights and then use the control box. Press and hold the power button to reset the lights.
- Resetting outdoor light timer: Follow a step-by-step guide to reset your outdoor light timer for optimal performance.
- Resetting Govee Wi-Fi plug: If you are using a Govee Wi-Fi plug, you can reset it to resolve connectivity issues.
- Check your Wi-Fi signals: Weak Wi-Fi signals can cause connectivity problems. Make sure you have a strong and stable connection.
- Verify frequency: Ensure that you are connected to the correct Wi-Fi frequency. Sometimes, connecting to the wrong frequency can lead to connection problems.
- Disable VPN: If you have a VPN running on your phone, it may interfere with the connection. Disable the VPN to resolve the issue.
By following these troubleshooting tips, you should be able to fix the connectivity issues with your Govee Lights and enjoy seamless performance.
Resolving Govee Lights Connectivity Issues With Alexa/google Home
Having trouble with your Govee Lights connecting to WiFi? Discover how to resolve connectivity issues with Alexa or Google Home in just a few easy steps! Say goodbye to any frustrations with this simple guide.
Logging Out Of Govee Account And Re-linking With Alexa
If you are facing connectivity issues with your Govee lights and Alexa/Google Home, logging out of your Govee account and re-linking it with Alexa might help resolve the problem. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- First, log out of your Govee account on the Govee Home App.
- Next, open the Alexa App and go to the Skills & Games section.
- Search for the Govee skill and select it.
- Click on Disable Skill to unlink your Govee account from Alexa.
- After disabling the skill, go back to the Skills & Games section and search for the Govee skill again.
- Select the Govee skill and click on Enable Skill to link your Govee account with Alexa.
- Once the skill is enabled, follow the prompts to log back into your Govee account on the Govee Home App.
By logging out and re-linking your Govee account, you can establish a fresh connection between your Govee lights and Alexa/Google Home, potentially resolving any connectivity issues.
Frequently Asked Questions For Govee Lights Not Connecting To Wifi
Why Won’t My Govee Lights Connect To Wi-fi?
If your Govee lights are not connecting to Wi-Fi, try these steps:
1. Check if your Govee lights are working on their native app.
2. Make sure your Govee account is linked to your account.
3. Power cycle or reset your lights.
4. Turn off your VPN if you have one running on your phone.
5. Check if you have a power issue and try power cycling your lights.
These steps should help troubleshoot the connectivity issue.
How Do You Reset Govee Lights?
To reset Govee lights, follow these steps:
1. Power up the lights and use the control box.
2. Press and hold the power button on the control box.
3. While holding the power button, wait for the lights to flash or change.
4. Release the power button.
5. The lights should now be reset and ready to connect to WiFi or Bluetooth.
How Do I Reset My Govee Wi-fi Plug?
To reset your Govee Wi-Fi plug, follow these steps:
1. Power up the plug and use the control box.
2. Press and hold the power button.
3. While holding the button, the plug will reset.
4. Once reset, you can reconnect it to your Wi-Fi network.
Make sure to check if your Govee account is linked to your account and that the Wi-Fi signal is strong and on the correct frequency. If you still encounter issues, try power cycling or disabling any VPN on your phone.
Why Is My Govee Not Connecting To Alexa?
To connect your Govee to Alexa, first, log out of your Govee account on the Govee Home App. Then, re-link your Govee account to Alexa.
Finally, log back into your Govee account on the Govee Home App. Ensure compatibility and a stable internet connection for successful connection.
If you’re facing issues with your Govee lights not connecting to WiFi, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try.
First, ensure that your Govee lights are working on their native app and that your Govee account is linked to your account.
Additionally, check if your WiFi signals are strong or if you’re connected to the wrong frequency.
Power cycling or power resetting your lights may also help resolve the issue.
Finally, make sure to turn off any VPN running on your phone as it may interfere with the connection.